Table of Contents
What Is Rhombus
Geometry has some type of shape. Especially in plane geometry, one type of quadrilateral is rhombus. Specifically, rhombus is special type of parallelogram that has four sides that has same length.
It is like square, but the angles in rhombus need not be right angles. Beside that it is also has diagonals that each of them bisects two opposite interior angles.
Another name of rhombus is “rhomb” or “diamond”. It is identic with in playing card. Rhombus is also used in many things in real life.
For example, it is applied in kite, windows, earing etc.
Properties of Rhombus
There are some properties of rhombus:
- All of side has same length
- The opposite sides are parallel
- The opposite angles are same.
- The diagonals bisect each other. It makes right angle.
- The diagonal bisects two opposite angles.
Area of a Rhombus
The area of a rhombus is an area that is bordered by four same sides that has same length. There are some formula or the area to each type of rhombus.
- Area is multiplication between height and the base.
A = height x base
A = h x b
- Area is a half of multiplication between first and second diagonal.
A = (D1 x D2) / 2
- Area is multiplication between base square and sin of any angle.
A = s x h
= s x s.sinα
=s2 x sinα
Perimeter of a Rhombus
Perimeter means the sum all of rhombus’ sides. Let s as the length of side, then
Perimeter = 4 x s
- Given a rhombus KLMN that has LM = x+5, KL = 2x-9, then 2x = …?
2. Determine the ratio between area and perimeter of the rhombus.
3. Calculate the area.